On March 30th, join Traffic–Tide in celebrating the ancient Iranian festival of Nauruz. Celebrated for thirteen days starting with the spring equinox, millions of families of Persian descent gather around a ceremonial table known as the haftseen to celebrate the new year, visit friends and relatives, and renew bonds. Here at Traffic–Tide our evening will include a six course dinner from Iranian-born chef Soli Zardosht. Persianesque cocktail and libations included.
1. Fresh Sweet Herbs, Labneh, Walnuts, Radishes, Flatbread.
2. Turmeric Yellow Pea, Caraway Infused Vegetables, Sweet Sesame Snaps, Black Chilli.
3. Tarragon, Saffron & Mint Metaballs, Filled with Sour Cherries, Walnuts, & Apricots, Tomato Broth.
4. Dill Rice, Mint & Rose Yogurt, Persian Pickles.
5. Walnut & Barberry Frittata, Salad from Shiraz, Shallot Yogurt, Pickled Radishes & Blood Orange.
6. Rose Cream Semolina Pearls with Almonds, Pistacio, & Pastry Crumbs.
7. Black Lime & Mint Tea, Orange Blossom Mascarpone Dates.
Prepared by Soli Zardosht. Custom dinnerware by Farrah Sit and Justin Novak. Custom drinkware by Catie Newell.